6 Tips For Choosing Interior LED Lights
Making the switch to LED lights is a no-brainer in 2022.
The expectation, according to the Department of Energy, is that most of the light installations in the US will be LED by 2035. There’s no better time to bite the bullet and embrace LEDs with open arms, but it’s important to learn everything you can about them before doing it.
In this post, we’re going to tell you six important things that you should know when choosing to install interior LED lights. The more you know about your lighting options, the better, so keep reading and let the LEDs illuminate you.
1. LED Lights Last Longer
What makes LED lights so great compared to incandescent, fluorescent, or halogen is that they last for so much longer. Some LED bulbs are capable of lasting for 2 decades without dimming, compared with a couple of years for incandescent bulbs.
2. Interior LED Lights Are Energy Efficient
The durability of LED lights is one reason they’re also so much more energy efficient, but that’s not the only one. The real reason that they’re so efficient is that they can convert 95% of the energy that they consume into light.
With incandescent bulbs, only 10% of the energy consumed is converted to light and the remaining 90% comes out as heat.
3. Consider the Color Temperature
When looking at home lighting options, you always want to consider the temperature of the light and it’s no different with LEDs. How cool or warm you want the color is up to personal preference.
The way to choose your color temperature is by the number of Kelvins. The lower the Kelvin number, the warmer (yellower) the light is, while the higher the Kelvin, the cooler (brighter) it is.
4. Go for Dimmability
Installing interior LED lights in your home may require you to make a few adjustments to the wiring. LED lights are dimmable, but they have to be compatible with your current dimmer switch.
The best thing to do is consult with a lighting installation professional to determine whether or not you need to alter anything.
5. Light Direction
Another thing that makes LED lights preferable to other types of lights is that they’re more directional. When you have an incandescent bulb, it simply blasts the light out in all directions, which makes it impossible to control.
With LEDs, you can direct the light wherever you want. You can choose different light angles for different rooms, making them incredibly versatile.
6. Easy to Make the Switch
A good light installation company makes it easy to switch to LEDs from any kind of lighting. At Fischer, we can bring a whole new vibe to your home by installing whatever type of LEDs you want.
Within a few hours, we can transform the lighting in your home, while making it more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Enjoying Your New LED Lights
Now that you know a bit more about interior LED lights, it’s time to contact us at Fischer to make the switch. Once your new LED lighting is installed, you’ll get to experience all of these amazing perks for yourself.
To talk to one of our knowledgeable professionals about switching to LED lights, contact us today.