Many times, our technicians get calls for Seattle water damage repairs that turn into mold remediation projects. Water may have been leaking for an extended period of time – anywhere from a couple of days to several years, in some cases. A small drip over time can cause substantial damage to a wall or an entire floor of a dwelling. If it’s coming from a drain line, the water may contain materials that fuel the growth of mold.
Mold & Mildew
Mold and mildew can easily develop in water-damaged areas and quickly spread to other areas of the home. This includes bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms and laundry facilities used by the family on a regular basis. If materials rot and mold flourishes undisturbed, the resulting health dangers can render the building uninhabitable. Mold releases a mycotoxin gas that can be particularly concerning for those with respiratory ailments. In some cases, the situation could potentially be life-threatening.
Our highly skilled technicians will identify the source, and then notify the homeowners which areas will require remediation. Large industrial water extractors will be used to remove the excess water from the floor and/or absorbed into the deep cushioning of furniture. These extractors are a critical aid in the quick drying process. Our techs will also set up containment by removing the damaged materials. We use HEPA vacuuming to clean affected surfaces, and HEPA air filtration filters out 99.99% of all air particulates.
Mold remediation includes removal of the damaged materials that have microbial growth. This includes highly porous materials such as drywall, particle boards, carpets and other types of flooring. Removal eliminates further breeding and colonization. When there are microorganisms under a hardwood floor, we might need to remove. This allows us to clean the subfloor and let it dry before repairs can be made.
Cleaning and sanitizing are integral parts of the process. We pay special attention to the building’s structural component, as well as HVAC and ventilation systems. This prevents any microorganisms that may have entered them from being deposited elsewhere in the building. We apply special disinfectants to surface areas to stop further contamination and growth of bacteria and mold.
All the chemicals that we use are strong, effective and safe for people and pets. Many products contain heavy-duty, commercial-grade hydrogen peroxide as an active ingredient. This is a more environmentally friendly product (with less lasting odor) than its ammonia-based counterparts.
We serve the entire Greater Seattle area. If you have a mold problem in Everett, Snohomish, Lynnwood, Bellevue, or another surrounding town, we'll take care of you quickly and safely!
CALL US NOW!